Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Count me among Mitch Miller's Gang...and send me royalties

I actually sang along with Mitch when he appeared at Emporia State (Kansas) in 1967. [In those days, it was known as Kansas State Teachers College.] Miller led us from the stage in the familiar, robotic arm waving, cupped hand style we got to know on his Sing Along With Mitch TV show, which ran on NBC, 1961-64. I was part of the packed audience in Albert Taylor Hall that read mimeographed copies of his song sheet and sang along. 

Such was his entire show. This we did for over an hour. If I recall, pre-recorded instrumental music accompanied us. 

I am still kind to my web-footed friends.
--------------------
Let's ALL Sing Along With Mitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dY9gtYeHhk

No comments:

Post a Comment